Friday, May 28, 2010

The Clearing By Heather Davis


Amy was a teenager in trouble. After experiencing an abusive boyfriend, Amy goes to live with her Aunt Mae. Life in this small town is not all that she is used too. Sure there are parties, and popular kids, but there is also an eerie mist that resides in the back field of Mae’s home. Amy doesn’t think that this town is the place for her, until she met Henry, a boy who talks, acts and dresses differently than any other boy she’s known. Amy is stunned when she finds out just how different Henry is. On his side of the mist its 1944. Her presence brings happiness to his life, but it also risks his very existence.

When I first received the book, I was really excited because of the cover. The art beautifully portrays the storyline. My favorite character was Henry for many reasons. Not only is he well-mannered within this novel, he also portrays the perfect man, minus the vampires. I loved how Amy and Henry bonded throughout the book. The book however did have a very slow ending. I kept anticipating a big event that never really came. I loved the ending though. Heather Davis threw in a twist that definitely caught me off guards. I would recommend this book to anyone into romance novels. 

Book provided by BookDivas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment