Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blame by Michelle Huneven




 Yayy followerss!!!

The book opens up to Patsy MacLemoore, a professor who starts out as a drunk, and a drug addict. She is immediately thrown into her own self destruction. After waking up, unable to recall anything from the night before, Patsy finds herself facing a life sentencing after two people are found dead in her driveway. Now she must remold herself into a life she was not built to function in. The book follows the story of self enlightenment, forgiveness, and self examination. With AA meetings and the jail walls as her only sight into the future, Patsy must find herself, before she can heal into the person she is supposed to be.


When reading this book, what immediately came off of my mind was the idea that this was just another one of those books with drunk people who try and get sober; the end. This book however did not follow that pattern. When I got into the first couple of pages of the book, I was immediately intrigued by Patsy. I became almost mad at her because these two people ended up dead in her driveway, while she was off getting drunk again. I later however felt bad for her because of the situation she was put into. Everything Patsy thinks of experiences is cloaked by the will of guilt. She spends much of her life in jail blaming herself for the deaths. This blame almost becomes an obsession; a monster that has taken over her life. Because the book got me so emotionally involved, I was immediately sucked into the plot, unlike many of the other books, where I had to read 3 or 4 chapters in to pick up on it. I think this book is good for anyone who is willing to let a book engulf them in an emotional roller coaster or a ride.

Rating: 3 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment